As a Procurement Manager you will be responsible for supporting the segment Offshore and Marine in the buying strategies and categories. To provide comprehensive procurement support for the Vice President and Operations Teams in Marine and Offshore to enable them to meet the client’s requirements and financial targets by the timeous provision of suitable products and services and efficient contract implementation and management with suppliers.
Whether on a production platform on the North Sea or on a vessel across the globe, we safely deliver innovative services that extend from a remote location’s design to it’s dismantlement.
You will report to the Vice President Offshore & Marine.
- Responsible for annual purchasing spend of approximately €10-15 million, mainly food
- Development and administration of procurement contracts and sub-contracts
- Leading two buyers
- To direct and co-ordinate the activities of the supply chain function and control expenditure of company funds in compliance with corporate authority levels, delegated authority and in line with Project CLEAR requirements;
- To interact at all levels of management both inside the company and outside with client, supplier and sub-contractor company organizations;
- To analyse, review and finalize sourcing decisions, conduct major negotiations, including planning and development of strategy and tactics to reach objectives and to negotiate long term contracts as appropriate;
- To provide guidance and support to the Operations Team and the buyers on dealings with suppliers and sub-contractors;
- To identify and implement projects aimed at optimizing processes of procurement in order to reach cost and quality efficiency;
- To act as the focal point for all order systems including mobilization and implementation on units including updating of systems with price changes and/or product codes / brands;
- To support the Operations Team to enable them to prepare for client escalations by providing accurate and detailed pricing analysis and reviews;
- Compilation of data relating to market trends, procurement spends; vendor spends; vendor price reviews and non-conformance reports including preparation of narrative for the reports detailed above;
- Maintenance of the Vendor Contract Files including correspondence and Variations / Amendments to Contract;
- Demonstrate the Sodexo values and behaviours standards and act as a role model for all internal and external customers;
- Liaison with Health, Safety and Quality Manager relating to any legislative or statutory implications for procuring goods and/or services;
- Liaison with Vendors and Sub-Contractors relating to any legislative or statutory implications for third party goods and/or services.